Vegan Apple Pie
Christmas isn’t Christmas without some PIES! It’s not just mouthwatering for the cold weather, it’s also a wonderful activity to do with your kids! See below for the best VEGAN APPLE PIE RECIPE!
What you need:
Serves: 6 – 8
- Organic all purpose flour 375g
- Organic cane sugar 38g + 100g
- Vegan butter 225g
- Cold water 56g
- Apple 900g
- Potato Starch 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder 2 tsp
- Nutmeg ¼ tsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Place flour, 38g sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add vegan butter to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add cold water in the mixture and mix well. It should look like a dough.
- Put dough in fridge for 10-15 mins.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a big round ball. Using a rolling pin toll it out from side to side into a giant circle that can fit over your pie dish.
- Carefully lift the dough up and place over your dish, tucking it in along the sides of the pie dish to fit properly. Trim off any excess dough.
- Place pie crust into the fridge while you prepare your filling.
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- In a pan on medium heat, add apple and the remaining sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and potato starch and cook for 5 mins.
- Put pie crust in oven and bake for 10 mins until lightly browned.
- Pour apple filling onto the pie crust.
- With the remaining dough, cut a few star shapes and place on top of the apple filling for decoration. Alternatively, roll remaining crust to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in crust.
- Bake pie for another 20 mins or until golden brown.